Lingl Logo

Patents

The roots of the company LINGL were laid by the company’s founder, Hans Lingl sen., at Weilheim in Upper Bavaria. He installed his inventor’s workshop there and, in 1936 at the age of 26, he filed his first patent for engobing roof tiles. More than 100 patents followed in the course of his career.
The innovation activities and the inventive spirit of the Swabian company continue to this very day resulting in the filing of 312 patents so far.

The first continuous dryer was built in 1954 and allowed for a significantly higher productivity combined with quality enhancement. In 1955, LINGL launched its first rotary cutter for the brick industry on the market and soon LINGL rotary cutters could be found in every modern brick plant. These inventions followed by many others formed the basis for the fully automated production in the brick industry.

The development from cyclic operation to the fully automated production of bricks is inseparably connected with the name LINGL. The first tunnel kiln of LINGL with an innovative suspended roof was set into operation in 1958. With this type of kiln, LINGL rapidly became one of the most successful suppliers of ceramic kilns in the world.

With new developments, as for example the oil-gas firing system, LINGL opened up new markets. Products such as brick grinding and filling installations count among the latest developments. The rational utilisation of energy in the ceramic production process is currently a central challenge and here again LINGL is setting important milestones for an energetically favourable ceramic production process.

At the moment, the LINGL group holds 40 patents and 9 utility models (as per 01.01.14). 14 patents and 9 utility models have been granted in Germany, another 12 in Europe, 4 in China and 4 in Russia. The company innovatherm holds 4 patents.